Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the most accomplished women’s rights attorney in American history, traveled to the same San Francisco forum where conservative Justice Antonin Scalia claimed that the Constitution does not protect against gender discrimination to explain how she proved Scalia wrong.
- Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) blames the recent Virginia earthquake on the Fourth Circuit’s decision not to credit the unconstitutional doctrine of nullification. Seriously.
- Meanwhile, Virginia universities are scrambling to rescue themselves from Cuccinelli’s opinion allowing guns on campus.
- The Ninth Circuit struck down a law prohibiting day laborers from seeking work on public sidewalks.
- And, finally, Kent Greenfield argues that Constitution Day violates the Constitution.