Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- A federal judge in New York upheld a state law requiring people who want to carry a concealed firearm to show “good cause” why they should be issued a permit.
- Meanwhile, the NYPD is invoking an 1845 law to arrest Wall Street protestors who wear masks.
- Seventh Circuit Judge Richard Posner sees no reason why people should be allowed to record conversations with police.
- A federal judge in Atlanta ordered Fulton County, Ga to come up with more jail space.
- And, finally, it turns out that the Tea Party’s lesson plans about the Constitution for children are really, really boring.