"Justiceline: October 7, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Forty-six Members of Congress joined a letter asking the Judiciary Committee to hold hearings on Justice Thomas’ ethical scandals.
- Meanwhile, Professor Anita Hill, who accused Thomas of sexual harassment twenty years ago during his confirmation hearing, has reemerged as a public figure telling the story of her experience with that hearing.
- The conservative Conference of Catholic Bishops plans to drum up charges that President Obama is hostile to “religious liberty.”
- Even Justice Scalia thinks our federal drug laws go too far.
- A handful of Minnesota Republicans came out against the state’s proposed ban on same-sex marriage.
- The Idaho Supreme Court declared the states’ legislative districts unconstitutional.