"Justiceline: November 3, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Despite compelling social science evidence that eye witness testimony isn’t very reliable, the Supreme Court did not show much interest in doing anything about it during an oral argument yesterday.
- Despite the repeal of Don’t Ask/Don’t Tell, the equally unconstitutional federal DOMA law is still turning gay military couples into second-class citizens.
- The Federal Elections Commission is utterly broken.
- Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus, the uniquely incompetent elections official who lost and then found thousands of votes during a contentious state supreme court election, has a primary challenger.
- Linda Greenhouse pushes back against Jeffrey Toobin’s claim in an otherwise excellent article that Justice Clarence Thomas is an intellectual leader on the Supreme Court.
- The top four lawyers in the White House Counsel’s office are all women.