- Two anti-gay hate groups, the Family Research Council’s legislative arm and the Traditional Values Coalition are lobbying senators to oppose gay judicial nominee Michael Fitzgerald. Sadly, the last time one of these hate groups came out against a gay judge, the Senate GOP suddenly decided to oppose that nominee.
- Wisconsin’s attorney general determines that Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) and his Lt. Governor will stand in separate recall elections if they are both recalled next year, even though they were elected as part of the same ticket.
- The Senate Judiciary Committee opens debate on a bill repealing the unconstitutional Defense of Marriage Act.
- An Alabama county asks a federal appeals court to strike down a key part of the Voting Rights Act.
- Justice Ginsburg gets a clean bill of health.
- A leading pro-Herman Cain group goes all in with an ad buy comparing Cain to ethically challenged Justice Clarence Thomas:
@TPJustice.Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at