"Justiceline: November 7, 2011"
- Supporters of an unconstitutional Ohio ballot initiative that claims to nullify part of the Affordable Care Act plan to run false ads claiming that the state actually has the power to nullify state law.
- A Florida judge denied a request for a stay that would have allowed Gov. Rick Scott’s (R) prison privatization plan to move forward. The same judge previous declared the plan unconstitutional.
- Meanwhile, Scott plans to plow forward with his Tea Party agenda, despite the fact that courts keep declaring major parts of it unconstitutional.
- The Seventh Circuit upheld a $20,000 state grant used to refurbish a public display of a cross, despite a claim that it violates the First Amendment.
- The Georgia Supreme Court will hear a challenge today to a state law that makes it a felony to assist another person in committing suicide.