Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Congratulations to Judge Christopher Droney, who was confirmed yesterday to a seat on the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- The Supreme Court unsurprisingly did not add Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli’s attack on the Affordable Care Act to the list of cases it will hear this year. The Fourth Circuit recently dismissed Cuccinelli’s case on the grounds that he had no legal right to challenge the law in the first place.
- A member of the far-right “sovereign citizens” movement was arrested last week after he began a campaign of harassment against numerous public officials, including all nine Supreme Court justices and, bizarrely, Chief Justice Roberts’ children.
- Occupy Los Angeles requested an injunction preventing the city from evicting them from their protest location.
- “Personhood” activists bring their Ahab-like quest to undermine reproductive freedom to California.