Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The Los Angeles city council will vote on a non-binding resolution calling for a constitutional amendment overruling the Supreme Court’s egregious Citizens United decision.
- Nearly a full year into his administration, California Gov. Jerry Brown has named just one judge to the state courts.
- Justice Sam Alito thinks police officers aren’t capable of figuring out whether they are obeying the Fourth Amendment — so we should just give them a pass in an important search and seizure case.
- The Supreme Court will also decide whether the Constitution protects a man who was arrested for confronting former Vice-President Dick Cheney.
- Virginia Senate Democrats file a lawsuit claiming that state senate Republicans cannot behave as if they were the majority party while the body is divided 20-20.