Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Richard Cordray clerked for Justice Kennedy on the Supreme Court, a personal relationship that could serve him well when corporate America inevitably files lawsuits challenging his right to keep them in check.
- Newt Gingrich joins Rick Perry in touting a wholly fabricated war on religion.
- Israel appoints its first supreme court justice from a West Bank settlement.
- A new study highlights the Roberts Court’s dismal record on free speech issues.
- The Missouri Supreme Court will decide whether that state’s congressional districts were illegally gerrymandered to benefit Republicans.
- Rick Santorum wants to retroactively unmarry every same-sex married couple in the country.
- The Supreme Court will consider whether police can have a drug-sniffing dog test sniff the outside of your house looking for drugs without a warrant.