Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Virginia’s factually challenged Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) now believes that Washington, DC has instigated a clever plan to flood his state with rats. We swear we aren’t making this up.
- Utah Republicans are still planning to select their senate nominee using the same bizarre caucus system that brought us Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT) — the guy who thinks that child labor laws, Social Security and Medicare are unconstitutional.
- Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) will chair a hearing on a Florida law making it harder to vote in that state.
- Sponsors of the overreaching anti-piracy bills SOPA and PIPA will water down these bills in the face of widespread opposition.
- President Obama named Sen. Pat Leahy’s (D-VT) chief of staff as his new liaison to the Senate.
- California Gov. Jerry Brown (D) filed a brief in the Ninth Circuit challenging Prop 209, his state’s longstanding anti-affirmative action ballot initiative.