"Justiceline: January 23, 2011"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The Virginia GOP is poised to enact a redistricting map that is gerrymandered to help elect Republicans.
- Meanwhile, the Supreme Court stayed a federal judge’s decision blocking West Virginia’s new maps.
- Justice Scalia reminds everyone that he really, really doesn’t like Roe v. Wade and its progeny.
- Activists gathered outside federal courthouses last Friday to protest the Supreme Court’s egregious Citizens United decision.
- The Virginia legislature is considering a bill that would allow homeowners to use lethal force against home intruders.
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg tells friends she has no interest in retiring any time soon.