Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The New York Times reminds us that the Affordable Care Act’s insurance coverage requirement was a Republican idea, at least until it was embraced by Barack Obama and the GOP’s kneejerk opposition kicked it.
- Baltimore County, Maryland is poised to pass an anti-discrimination bill protecting transgender persons.
- Police on the island of Nevis may have identified a suspect in the robbery of Justice Stephen Breyer.
- A New Jersey court rejects the odd claim that non-citizens lost their ability to change their name because of, um, 9/11.
- Newt Gingrich complains about an “80 year drift to the left” on the courts — something that would come as a huge shock to Chief Justice Roberts and his allies who cannot tell the difference between a corporation and a human being.
- The Minnesota ACLU joins the fight against an anti-gay proposed constitutional amendment in that state.