Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Texas’ primaries will be delayed from April until May 29 in light of litigation challenging the legislature’s heavily gerrymandered maps on the grounds that they violate the Voting Rights Act.
- The Oklahoma Senate overwhelmingly passes an anti-abortion, anti-contraception “Personhood” bill.
- A federal judge threw out a Louisiana law prohibiting certain sex offenders from using Facebook.
- Meanwhile, a federal court in Texas tossed out a law that allows truant children to be jailed.
- NJ Gov. Chris Christie (R) wants to amend his state’s constitution to prohibit pretrial bail to repeat violent offenders.