Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Ben & Jerry’s joins the fight against the Supreme Court’s election-buying decision in Citizens United.
- Meanwhile, Stephen Rosenfeld chronicles the ACLU’s misguided history of support for that decision.
- In a major First Amendment case which could determine whether the right to free speech includes the right to lie, the Supreme Court will hear a challenge to a federal law banning false claims that one won military honors that they did not.
- Police on the Caribbean island of Nevis arrested a suspect in the recent robbery of Justice Stephen Breyer.
- A bill to arm college campuses with concealed firearms may die in the Texas legislature for want of a sponsor.