"Justiceline: February 27, 2012"
- The AP chronicles another aspect of America’s aging federal bench. highlighting the many judges in New York working well into their 80s or 90s.
- Meanwhile, Republican obstructionism has prevented President Obama from naming anyone to the key U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit.
- Vice-President Biden says he approached Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) as a possible Supreme Court nominee, although Whitehouse declined.
- Despite former Sen. Arlen Specter’s denial of GOP presidential candidate Rick Santorum’s claim that the two men traded judicial confirmations for an endorsement, Santorum doubles down on his accusation against Specter.
- A leading Virginia lawmaker dropped a lawsuit attempted to prevent the Republican Lt. Governor from casting certain key votes in the evenly divided state senate.