Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) backs a plan to roll back a recent law permitting indefinite detention, but her proposal would only benefit U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents.
- The Supreme Court appeared divided along ideological lines in a case concerning whether a city can charge different tax rates to different people.
- The Third Circuit upheld the conviction of two former police offices, including a former police chief, who covered up the role of several white high school students in the murder of an undocumented Mexican immigrant.
- The Second Circuit says a church is likely to win its challenge to a New York law barring its access to public schools.
- The Ninth Circuit upheld a Washington state law stripping legal immigrants of food stamps.