"Justiceline: March 6, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The Laurens County, SC Republican Party told candidates they must sign a pledge that they’ve never had premarital sex before they can get on the primary ballot. Seriously.
- Two California men are suing police because they believe their Second Amendment rights were violated after they were handcuffed because they were making a show of displaying firearms outside a shopping center.
- The Nevada Supreme Court will reconsider an legislative ethics law that was recently upheld by the Supreme Court.
- The Iowa House’s effort to push through several pro-gun measures appears stalled in the state senate.
- The Connecticut Supreme Court held that a prison could force feed a prisoner on hunger strike.
- And, finally, after bringing us the George W. Bush presidency in 2000, the brilliant political strategists at the Green Party now want the Affordable Care Act struck down.