Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Super PACs empowered by the Citizens United decision ramp up their efforts to buy up House seats and influence who controls Congress.
- Rep. Adam Smith (D-WA) and Sen. Mark Udall (D-CO) introduced legislation to repeal provisions of the defense authorization bill permitting indefinite detention of terror suspects.
- By a 6-3 vote, the Mississippi Supreme Court upheld former Gov. Halley Barbour’s (R) last minute pardons of 198 people.
- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) could push through as many as 17 judicial nominees next week.
- The Kentucky Senate votes to give people with religious objections to the law greater ability to refuse to comply with it.
- Occupy Oakland protesters go to court to challenge a “stay away” order preventing them from approaching the sites of recent Occupy protests.