"Justiceline: March 29, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- We now live in a world where British newspapers warn that “Britain must beware the dystopic drift towards a US-style judiciary.”
- In related news, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) will ask the conservative Wisconsin Supreme Court to restore his signature voter disenfranchisement law after if was struck down by two lower court judges.
- Several Michigan militia members were acquitted of conspiracy to use weapons of mass destruction against the government Tuesday.
- An Ontario Appeals Court declares a ban on brothels unconstitutional.
- Due to a strange quirk in the Massachusetts constitution, Gov. Deval Patrick (D) must be present in the same building when a council meets to evaluate his judicial nominees.
- Finally, I would thank Josh Israel and Amanda Peterson Beadle for managing TP Justice while I was away at the Supreme Court, but Anthony Kennedy hasn’t given me permission to do so, and the whole nation apparently needs his permission before they are allowed to do anything.