"Justiceline: March 30, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The justices of the Supreme Court will meet in secret today to decide whether to strike down the Affordable Care Act or to follow the Constitution.
- An Idaho couple who became the darling of property rights advocates after they successfully sold the Supreme Court on a tale about the EPA suddenly declaring their land a wetland and imposing ludicrous fines may not be quite as sympathetic as they originally seemed.
- The Arkansas Supreme Court held it is unconstitutional to prosecute teachers who have sex with their adult students.
- The Department of Justice gives up its effort to prosecute a man who made racist threats against then-candidate Barack Obama in 2008.
- An Oklahoma senate committee passed a bill allowing nearly anyone over 21 to openly carry a firearm if they complete training.