Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- A First Circuit panel heard a challenge to the unconstitutional Defense of Marriage Act yesterday.
- Meanwhile, the Illinois Supreme Court is expected to rule today on whether assault rifle bans are constitutional. If it follows the U.S. Supreme Court’s precedent, it will say they are.
- A group from in Missoula, MT supporting a constitutional amendment to fix the Supreme Court’s corporate personhood error in Citizens United.
- Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus, who lost thousands of votes the night of a contentious state supreme court election, screws up yet another vote count.
- Judge Robert Beezer, a conservative court of appeals judge best known for upholding hanging as a method of execution, died Friday at the age of 83.