Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Supporters of unlimited corporate money in elections official ask the justices to reverse a Montana Supreme Court decision questioning the Court’s election buying decision in Citizens United.
- Michigan voters are pushing ballot referendum to protect collective bargaining and end the state’s prohibition of marijuana.
- The Sixth Circuit will consider whether a Tennessee law keeping the Green and Constitution Parties off that state’s ballot is unconstitutional.
- Montana’s justices have to decide whether to hear a case concerning a Republican-led ballot initiative that would make it easier to elect Republicans to the state supreme court.
- And, finally, a Mississippi judge ruled that a raid on a local zoo were unconstitutional. The raid is part of a series of raids, dating back to an initial action in 1988 which seized “43 alligators, eight bobcats, two skunks, four raccoons, snakes, an otter and other native animals.”