Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- The Ninth Circuit holds that a lawsuit claiming anti-Bush protestors were forced to move away from President Bush, while Bush’s supporters were allowed to remain, may go forward.
- Lambda Legal files its first federal marriage equality lawsuit in Nevada yesterday, relying on a theory that closely resembles the Ninth Circuit’s recent decision striking down marriage discrimination in California.
- A proposed Missouri state bill would prevent cities from keeping concealed firearms off buses and trains.
- Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) doesn’t want to be a Supreme Court justice.
- Trying to find a valid legal rationale to strike down the Affordable Care Act is fruitless.