Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice.
- Steve Kornacki presents a provocative question to President Obama: “If the NRA is going to pretend that you’re aggressively pursuing gun control anyway, then why not actually do it?”
- Yet another conservative law professor weighs in on why the case against the Affordable Care Act is ridiculous.
- A Florida appeals court holds that it is unconstitutional to give a 17 year-old armed robber an 80 year sentence, because the sentence is functionally the same thing as an unconstitutional life sentence.
- A Canadian court in British Columbia strikes down Canada’s ban on dried marijuana for medical marijuana patients.
- Meanwhile, a federal judge in Massachusetts struck down a city ordinance banning tobacco ads.
- Conservative Justice David Prosser continues the drama that is the Wisconsin Supreme Court by calling on the court’s chief justice to recuse herself from his disciplinary hearing. Prosser allegedly placed a fellow justice in a choke hold.