"Justiceline: April 24, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- If the Republicans on the Supreme Court decide to strike down the Affordable Care Act, an effort to provide health care to more than 700,000 low income individuals in California will collapse.
- Joan Biskupic how Republican attorneys general are increasingly using their office to push political lawsuits.
- The Ohio Supreme Court will arguments today in a case involving whether that state’s GOP-controlled legislature violated the state constitution when it drew the states’ legislative maps.
- The California Supreme Court unanimously held that a defendant’s right against self-incrimination is not violated if the results of his court-ordered mental health exam is shared with the prosecution.
- Former anti-masturbation activist and Delaware U.S. Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell goes to court next month to defend against claims her campaign still owes money to its lawyer.