Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- An Illinois judge declares unconstitutional an attempt to tax Amazon.com and similar Internet retailers the same way other retailers are taxed.
- Justice Scalia does not understand immigration policy.
- Three times as many people in Washington state have concealed carry permits as do in Texas.
- Maryland’s highest court strikes down a law permitting police to collect DNA samples from people arrested for violent crimes.
- The Supreme Court makes it harder for the IRS to go after certain kinds of tax shelters.