"Justiceline: April 27, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- D.C. Council member Marion Barry’s inexcusably racist attack on “immigrants” from the Philippines prompted a condemnation from that nation’s ambassador: “Councilmember Barry’s penchant for blaming Asians, who only want to work for their American dream, fuels racism, discrimination, and violence.”
- A federal court in D.C. rejects a right-wing group’s claim that pictures of Osama bin Laden’s death must be made public.
- A single gun company donated over $1.2 million to the NRA’s lobbying arm.
- Tea Party group FreedomWorks for America officially endorses tenther U.S. Senate candidate Dan Liljenquist (R-UT), who thinks it is unconstitutional for the United States to provide health care to children.
- And, finally, a friendly reminder: if you think you have intelligence informing you of how the Supreme Court is going to decide a case, you are wrong.