Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- The Department of Justice is investigating the University of Montana at Missoula due to concerns that the university is not adequately addressing sexual assaults on its campus. According to DOJ, eighty reported rapes occurred on the campus in just three years.
- A New York judge rejected former IMF Chief Dominique Strauss Kahn’s claim that he is immune to a civil lawsuit for allegedly sexually assaulting a hotel maid.
- The Sixth Circuit upheld the conviction of two Kentucky lawyers who scammed their clients out of nearly half of a $200 million settlement over the diet drug fen-phen.
- Hustler Magazine wins a truly ghoulish case concerning whether they could publish 24 year-old nude photos of a woman after she was killed by her professional wrestler husband.
- And, finally, you can’t say “fuck” in the Supreme Court.