Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-KY) brief calling for the Supreme Court to double down on Citizens United makes the absurd argument that the uptick in billionaire-funded negative ads in the wake of that decision have been good for the country.
- Arizona lawmakers probably will not vote to reimburse ousted state Sen. Russell Pearce (R), the sponsor of that state’s harsh immigration law, for the cost of running in his recall election.
- The California Assembly passes a bill to ban open carry of rifles.
- New York’s highest court upheld a Republican plan to add an additional seat to that state’s senate.
- And, finally, if you’re every fortunate enough to win a case in the Supreme Court, don’t be this guy.