- A man who is likely to be mentally ill was arrested last week for threatening to kill President Obama. The man sent emails to various media outlets containing the threats, one of which read “[Obama] is the one that is destroying patriotism in the U.S.A. Ted Nugent is right.”
- The drug company Abbott Laboratories agreed to a $1.5 billion settlement after it aggressively marketed a drug for off-label use by certain mentally ill patients in nursing homes even after it conducted studies which showed the drug was not effective for this use.
- If you live in North Carolina, don’t forget to vote against the anti-gay ballot initiative being decided today.
- The city of Pinole, California formally banned home gun sales.
- Retired Justice Sandra Day O’Connor gets into the video game business.
- And, finally, thanks to Josh Israel for manning the fort here at TP Justice while I was off attending this thing.
@TPJusticeWelcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at