- Texas’ all-Republican state supreme court is so pro-business that two of its justices are facing Republican primary challengers who think the court needs to stop handing down so many corporate-friendly decisions.
- If you want a window into what the world would look like under the Republican vision of “religious liberty,” where religious groups can immunize their members from the law simply by objecting to it, check out this case: where a pastor advised his followers to beat their children with large wooden dowels.
- The ACLU of Indiana is challenging a state law that prohibits non-religious organizations from performing marriage ceremonies.
- Libraries in three states have banned the racy bestseller 50 Shades of Grey, prompting the publisher to object on First Amendment grounds.
- And, finally, just read this op-ed, which describes just how far the still-segregated schools where I once taught in the Mississippi Delta are from achieving anything resembling minimal adequacy.
@TPJusticeWelcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at