Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Greg Stohr chronicles the many, many times Justice Scalia has berated the Obama Administration or otherwise played snarky advocate instead of neutral judge during Supreme Court oral arguments.
- Sarah Seltzer lists some of America’s most Orwellian or offensive holidays, including a bevy of southern holidays celebrating the greatest act of treason in American history.
- The Senate confirmed two district court judges yesterday.
- Sen. Pat Leahy (D-VT) expresses optimism that Chief Justice Roberts will not throw out nearly two centuries of established law in order to strike down the Affordable Care Act.
- The Supreme Court voted mostly along party lines yesterday to make it harder for farmers to avoid their tax obligations through bankruptcy. Justice Sotomayor crossed over to vote with the conservatives in the minority, and Justice Kennedy was the sole Republican in dissent.