"Justiceline: May 30, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Muslim civil rights groups hint at a court challenge to a Kansas law signed by Gov. Sam Brownback (R-KS) on Monday that is widely viewed as an attack on Islamic law.
- Public employee unions in Florida tell a state court that it should block a prison privatization plan.
- The Supreme Court will not hear the issue of whether and when police may use a Taser.
- Former Occupy Wall Street protesters sue Mayor Michael Bloomberg and other top New York City officials over the alleged destruction of a library of books they kept at the protest site.
- Justice Stevens receives the Medal of Freedom.
- Gay rights groups file a lawsuit seeking marriage equality in Illinois.