Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- In an unintentional metaphor for the Supreme Court under John Roberts, George Washington’s copy of the Constitution will be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
- A New Orleans court voided the death sentence of a Louisiana inmate.
- The town of Middleborough, Massachusetts enacts an obviously unconstitutional ordinance that fines people for using profanity.
- Meanwhile, a Massachusetts judge upheld the use of the words “under God” in the Pledge of Allegiance.
- The NRA wants more sheriffs who support the failed “Stand Your Ground” laws that give gun owners greater ability to shoot people.