Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Chief Justice Roberts now has his own paparazzi.
- Former Bush Administration staffers take to bashing the Chief Justice because he did not strike down a statute that is clearly constitutional under nearly two hundred years of established law.
- Meanwhile, Rep. Robert Hurt (R-VA) shows was passes for reasonableness among conservative lawmakers by saying that Roberts probably should not be impeached.
- The Department of Justice officially asks the Supreme Court to consider whether the unconstitutional Defense of Marriage Act may continue to stand.
- In what is certain to spark cries of “gun grabbing” from the NRA, Utah considers banning target shooting in some rural areas after a series of destructive wildfires were started by such shooting.