"Justiceline: July 25, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- The Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Human Rights held a hearing yesterday on Citizens United where Sen. Max Baucus (D-MT) pushed for a constitutional amendment to reverse the decision.
- Sen. Baucus is not alone; yesterday activists delivered 1.9 million signatures supporting an amendment overturning Citizens United.
- The U.S. Commission on Civil Rights has scheduled a hearing for Aug. 17 on Alabama’s anti-immigration law that will include legislators, law enforcement officers, immigration defense groups, and the originator of the law.
- D.C. added over 2,000 voters to the rolls in June, about two-thirds of whom registered as Democrats.
- In an attempt to save the Indian tiger, India’s Supreme Court has banned tourism in tiger parks.