- Casino billionaire Sheldon Adelson, who along with his wife has given at least $10 million to the pro-Mitt Romney Super PAC Restore Our Future, told reporters at a Romney fundraiser in Jerusalem he was only there to “get a shwarma sandwich.”
- Colorado shooting suspect James Holmes will make his second appearance in court today.
- Justice Antonin Scalia on Fox News Sunday attacked the 5-4 majority ruling that upheld ObamaCare and suggested that he would time his eventual retirement to a Republican presidential administration, saying he did not want to be “replaced by someone who immediately sets about undoing everything that I’ve tried to do for 25 years, 26 years.”
- The Center for Public Integrity reports that Jet Set Sports Holdings, L.P., a major donor to the pro-Romney Restore Our Future Super PAC, was implicated in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic bribery scandal.
- And finally, “dark money” — political advertising by tax-exempt groups not subject to public disclosure laws, now makes up half of the “independent” spending for the 2012 elections.
@TPJusticeWelcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at