Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R) issued an opinion saying judges are not allowed to permit persons convicted of a felony to serve their sentence on weekends or nonconsecutive days.
- The proponents of California’s anti-gay Proposition 8 officially ask the Supreme Court to uphold marriage discrimination in that state.
- Timothy Noah explains that Texas Senate candidate Ted Cruz (R) isn’t the only member of the 1 percent who is deeply paranoid about attacks on the game of golf.
- Federal Judge Robert Chatigny rebukes the Justice Department for giving defendants in a series of major drug trials inadequate access to the evidence against them.
- The Missouri Supreme Court struck down that state’s cap on non-economic damages in medical malpractice cases.
- And, finally, rabid Yankees fan Justice Sonia Sotomayor spent an inning with “Bald Vinny” Milano and the Bleacher Creatures during a recent Yankees game against the Baltimore Orioles.