"Justiceline: August 7, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- The attorney for George Zimmerman, the man currently on trial for the alleged murder of Trayvon Martin, will speak to a gun rights convention in Florida this month.
- The campaign for former Rep. Virgil Goode (R-VA) who is now running for president on the Constitution Party’s ticket, is accused of “suspected petition fraud” in Goode’s effort to get on the ballot in his home state of Virginia.
- The Seventh Circuit denied former Gov. George Ryan’s (R-IL) attempt to get out of prison early for racketeering and fraud charges.
- The New Jersey Supreme Court upheld a law requiring young drivers to mark their license plates with a red sticker.
- And, finally, Justice Sonia Sotomayor will make a second appearance on Sesame Street. In her first appearance she decided the case of Baby Bear v. Goldilocks: