"Justiceline: August 21, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- A new poll shows support for a Colorado ballot initiative legalizing marijuana under that state’s law is gaining support. Voters support the initiative 47-38.
- Meanwhile, 54 percent of Missourians think Rep. Todd Akin (R-MO) should drop out of his U.S. Senate race after listening to his now-infamous “legitimate rape” comments.
- The Michigan Court of Appeals struck down a 2010 law reducing teachers’ paychecks to pay for retiree health care.
- A Rhode Island judge struck down a law preventing prisoners for being held for parole violations if they are found guilty of the charge that led to the violation.
- And, finally, no one knows who the Supreme Court justices are. Two-thirds of Americans cannot identify a sitting justice, and just one percent can name all nine.