Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Cyclist Lance Armstrong has a future in Tea Party politics. Immediately after the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency announced that Armstrong used performance-enhancing drugs, Armstrong issued a statement saying that undermining his ability to seize an unfair advantage over honest people who work hard to be successful is “unconstitutional.”
- Amanda Frost argues that Supreme Court justices should no longer get the same summer vacation as elementary school students.
- Twenty children’s advocacy and public interest groups plan to file a Federal Trade Commission complaint alleging that popular children’s websites like McDonald’s or Nickelodeon illegally collect data on children.
- The Kingdom of Bhutan has its first female supreme court justice.
- And, finally, the federal judiciary does not want juries getting too cozy with Twitter.