"Justiceline: August 27, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Only one in four state court judges in the United States are women.
- McLean County, Illinois state’s attorney Ron Dozier announced his refusal to enforce several of his state’s gun laws.
- Climate scientist Michael E. Mann, long the subject of anti-science witchhunts by conservatives seeking to discredit his field of expertise, threatens to punch back against the National Review with a lawsuit claiming he was libeled by a blog post that described him as “fraudulent.”
- A Nebraska wannabe Tony Soprano claims that the state’s anti-gang law violates his constitutional right to freedom of assembly.
- Reagan-appointed Judge Richard Posner calls deregulation of the financial industry a “fundamental mistake.”