"Justiceline: August 31, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Mitt Romney wants a job that will allow him to pick the next Supreme Court justice. Last night, we learned that he can’t even be trusted to vet both of the speakers who proceed him in a prime time address.
- A federal court ordered Delaware Court of Chancery judges to stop presiding over secret proceedings.
- Conservative groups are rallying behind a former marine who was detained for psychiatric evaluation after he posted violent song lyrics and conspiracy theories on his Facebook page.
- The Eighth Circuit backed a religious group’s claim that it should be allowed to conduct religious programming with elementary school students and continue to have access to certain school facilities.
- And, of course, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker is tenther-curious.