"Justiceline: September 5, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- A federal court held that a Florida policy preventing U.S. citizen children of undocumented parents from paying in-state tuition at public colleges and universities violates the Constitution.
- Ethics officials in Wisconsin try to salvage at least some of the sabotaged ethics case against conservative Justice David Prosser by requesting that a three-judge panel be appointed to hear the charges against Prosser.
- Admissions to Chicago hospitals for heroin overdose spiked 27 percent in just two years among patients under age 20.
- Justice Scalia will speak at a casino run by Republican money bags Sheldon Adelson’s corporation.
- And, finally, Louisiana residents can help make it more difficult for that state to balance its budget by purchasing a gun this weekend — the Second Amendment Weekend Tax Holiday!