"Justiceline: September 10, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- The Pennsylvania Supreme Court will consider that state’s newly enacted voter ID law this week. Last June, Pennsylvania’s House Majority Leader admitted that the purpose of the law, which prevents many low income, minority and students voters from voting, is to “allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania.”
- Vermont, New York and Connecticut have all joined briefs calling for the anti-gay Defense of Marriage Act to be declared unconstitutional.
- Wyoming voters will decide whether a right to hunt, fish and trap belongs in their state constitution.
- Dropping the f-bomb in a federal court earned one man four months behind bars.
- And, finally, gun maker Smith & Wesson reports record-breaking sales. Turns out the Obama presidency is working out pretty well for the firearm industry.