Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- The Pennsylvania Supreme Court will hold oral arguments today on the state’s newly enacted voter ID law. Last June, the state’s House Majority Leader admitted that the purpose of this law is to “allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania.”
- The same court is also considering how to implement a U.S. Supreme Court decision saying that mandatory life without parole sentences are not appropriate for juvenile offenders.
- Germany’s top court decides it is not the job of judges to blow up Europe’s economy. Now, if only someone would tell that to the Tea Party.
- The Virginia Board of Health will meet next week to decide whether or not to implement architectural standards for abortion clinics that are intended to shut those clinics down.
- And, finally, Garrett Epps wonders whether this new Supreme Court term will mark the beginning of Justice Scalia’s irrelevance.