- The Supreme Court will hear oral arguments today in a challenge to the University of Texas’ racial diversity program.
- Ohio plans to appeal a recent decision striking down its attempt to limit early voting at the polls directly to the Supreme Court.
- The justices turned down a challenge to telecommunications companies that cooperated with the government in post 9/11 wiretaps, meaning that a lower court decision immunizing the companies from suit will remain in effect.
- The justices also appear poised to make it easier for states to execute mentally ill inmates who are too incompetent to assist in their appeals.
- An Alaska judge upheld a state law requiring parental notification in most cases where a minor seeks an abortion.