Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Sen. Arlen Specter, the long-serving Republican-turned-Democratic member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, has died.
- An attempt to remove explicit pro-segregation language from the Alabama constitution leaves intact Jim Crow-era language inserted to prevent African-Americans from attending integrated schools.
- Rush Limbaugh, who accused Justice Kagan of “throwing the Constitution down the toilet” and Justice Sotomayor of being “the greatest living example of a reverse racist,” claims Republicans are really quite lovely towards Democratic Supreme Court nominees.
- Briefing is now complete on the petition asking the Supreme Court to reinstate the Ohio GOP’s effort to restrict early voting.
- And, finally, Justice Scalia doesn’t get invited to the same parties as Vice President Biden.