"Justiceline: October 24, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- Our condolences to the family of Judge Betty Fletcher, an iconic progressive judge on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Judge Fletcher continued to decide as many as 400 cases a year until her death Monday at 89.
- The Supreme Court turned away an effort by Republicans to eliminate Montana’s limits on campaign donations to candidates for state office during this election cycle.
- Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli (R), who is not known for believing he is powerless to do anything, claims he is powerless to investigate a Republican contractor accused to destroying voter registration forms.
- Disgraced former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore, who is currently the Republican candidate for his old job, says Satan is convincing the nation to support marriage equality.
- And, finally, New York’s highest court explains why lap dances are not like ballet.