"Justiceline: October 26, 2012"
Welcome to Justiceline, ThinkProgress Justice’s morning round-up of the latest legal news and developments. Remember to follow us on Twitter at @TPJustice
- President Obama points out that Chief Justice Roberts’ decision to narrow the scope of Congress’ power to regulate the nation’s economy during the health care case last term “makes no sense.”
- The Virginia attorney general’s office will investigate a Republican contractor accused of trashing multiple voter registration forms.
- The Fourth Circuit heard an appeal of a lower court decision striking down Maryland’s gun permitting rules.
- A Republican fundraiser from Utah charged with rape committed suicide.
- The Kentucky Supreme Court makes it harder for grandparents to receive visitation rights with their grandchildren.